10-28-06 Burke's new girlfriend!




Our dear friends Mark & Elle Bullard came to visit and introduce us to their beautiful little girl Avery! In these pics, I'm holding Avery and Elle is holding Burke. Avery was born September 1st and this was the first time either of us had the opportunity to hold each others babies...it was wonderful! We think Burke and Avery make a very cute couple...don't you! :)

Tomorrow (monday) we take Burke for his 4 month well child check and immunizations...should be a crazy day (he'll get 5 shots)!! yikes! I'm really looking forward to knowing his current weight. Nate think's he weighs 10# 2oz and I'm wagering he's 10# 3oz (I've been right most of the time so I think odds are in my favor...hehe!) We have a busy week again with many appts....surgery clinic and occupational/physical therapy on Tuesday and audiology on Thursday. Burke will have more hearing evaluations done and probably fitted for hearing aids this week. We still pray and hope that his hearing will regenerate on it's own but know that the hearing aids will be so helpful in allowing sound to start stimulating the auditory center of the brain to build the necessary pathways so he can hear and speak!

We received great news that great grandpa is sending us a new video camera so we can document Burke's tremendous growth and development. We are pumped to be able to share more than just pics with you all on youtube.com when we get it figured out! :) to be continued...

Comments

Laura said…
Hi Chris

Great to see you were able to share in the joy of you and your friend's baby. They look so good together and you guys look so happy :) Again, I feel for you with all the appointments at the hospital, it's such a busy time. Good luck with the auditory one and I also hope that he is putting on weight, does he vomit or reflux much?
Take care
Laura (Kaytie's mum)
Anonymous said…
Chris and Nate.

My guess is that he weighs 10#5oz. He is gaining weight fast. I'm so proud of him. You guys are doing great. I hope to see you again soon.
-derek

Popular posts from this blog

9-26-06 We're Going HOME!

7/6/06 Mommy & Baby Burke

8-20-06 Surviving the Hospital