2-7-07 Amazing Bond





We've been having a great week! Burke has been so much fun to play and interact with. He loves to laugh and talk...and he especially loves daddy time! This week Burke has been able to eat a few times without being hooked up to his tube for "decompressing"...this has been a very exciting accomplishment!

Nate and I are both experiencing an intense and amazing bond with Burke. Yesterday Burke looked at me in a way that he's never done before...it was like he looked directly into my heart and I completely melted. It was almost like God was speaking through him saying...I love you and it's going to be ok. The really interesting part was that Nate had an entirely seperate experience with Burke that was very similar to mine. It wasn't until this morning when I was describing my experience that Nate explained he had the same! Burke has an incredible ability to communicate and relate to us...he is so "in tune" with his surroundings and the people in his life! His auditory verbal therapist says she would never have known he was a premie by the way he interacts socially...he is exceeding in his ability to communicate and connect...what a huge gift God has given us in this little boy. He inspires me every day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
nate and chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share Burke with us. I love the look on both nate and burke's face in the above photo. Burke looks older and has a look like he know whats going on. He does look very aware of his surroundings. I'm happy for both of you.
-derek

Popular posts from this blog

9-26-06 We're Going HOME!

7/6/06 Mommy & Baby Burke

8-20-06 Surviving the Hospital