Big Boy takes a stroll B.O.B Style 2-26-07




Forget the carseat, we're rollin Big Boy Style!! Our physical therapist ok'd us to use the stroller with Burke looking out at the world. After our appointment, I immediately came home and got him ready for his first big boy stroll. We went to the water to look at the ducks, found some pretty pink flowers to smell and admired the trees from a different perspective! He LOVED it! Burke is so focused and pays very close attention to his visual surroundings...he is a very smart little boy with much patience (just like his daddy)!

Today we had a great visit with Grandpa and Grandma from Yakima and auntie Layci and Uncle Nick from Tacoma. Tomorrow we are adventuring over to Bainbridge Island where I'm attending an overnight Women's retreat with my friend Elle while Nate and Burke stay with Mark (Elle's husband) and baby Avery...it will be an exciting time for Elle and I to enjoy one day and night away and get some good "girl" time and be encouraged! I am a bit nervous about how Nate and Burke will do without me but I have a feeling they'll survive (we've been through worse!) The only trick will be having enough milk for Burke...I'm still pumping by the way (8 months going strong!). We've calculated out the amounts and it looks like we'll have to make a "milk run" mid-day on Saturday but some of the ladies at church have volunteered to transport some milk (40 miles away) so I won't have to miss out on any of the retreat...I guess it's a little awkward to have a special transport set up for milk with someone I don't know but oh well..it's worth it! :)

Burke is such a fun little guy these past few days! His auditory verbal therapist is amazed at his progress and says he's got great cognitive abilities (beyond what she would expect for his age and preemie status)! Burke enjoys play the lights off lights on game...I flip the light switch on and off and point to the lights and he smiles and giggles. He is really getting the whole cause and effect thing now...he is already turning his head back to the light switch expecting me to turn the switch off or on...it's his way of requesting that I keep playing the game...soooo cute! He's becoming very interseted in the cat (who is currently scared of him) and he had a chance to pet her today and it was very cute. He's holding his head up now and able to sit with minimal support and play with his toys. He likes the little blue bird that chirps (Nina sent to him for Valentines day)...he also likes his soccer ball ALOT! (hmmm...I wonder who he takes after (like all of his 9 uncles who play soccer and not to mention his daddy who was a professional))! We've decided to train him to be a goalie...we figure with his sharp visual skills and good hand eye coordination he'll be perfect!

OK..enough for tonight...It's really late and I need to be in bed but was up working from home on a big project. I figure Burke will be up to eat in about 1/2 hr anyway so why go to bed now when I'll just have to get up...but, my eyes are drooping and head is heavy..big day tomorrow with lots of prep and packing for our weekend away...wish us luck and we'll fill you in when we return!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you Chris, you deserve some girl time away! I'm sure Nate and Burke will do awesome. And way to go on the pumping thing. That's a long time. You're awesome! Have fun on your trip! :)
D-Lo said…
Booyah!

Popular posts from this blog

9-26-06 We're Going HOME!

7/6/06 Mommy & Baby Burke

8-20-06 Surviving the Hospital