Uncle Tim and Baby Burke



I had the opportunity to hold my precious little nephew yesterday for about three hours. Baby Burke slept in my arms as I sang him songs and talked to him about all the things I am looking forward to doing with him when He gets a little older. I know he will be a good soccer player and a true fly fisherman.

If I could help to discribe this sweet little boy, he is warm, he smells good like a baby, he has a cute little snore, he has a handsome face and big beautiful eyes. He is a great cuttle bug and loves to be held. Some people have asked what they can do and I would suggest that you call my sister (or just come to Childrens hospital) and spend time holding this precious little bundle of joy. Chris needs other people to cherish her baby along with her during these hard times.

We had a big scare on Thursday night when they had to call a code on baby Burke about 4am because his blood oxygen level was not doing so well. Chris was in the room with him when this happened and it really frightened her. Baby Burke was in a regular hospital room but has been returned to the NICU for more intensive care. Monday is a big day for baby Burke. He is having a bronchoscopy and a genetic evaluation. So please be praying that is bronchual tub is in good order and that genetically he is ok. Since they moved baby Burke to Childrens hospital they are being a little bit more thourgh.

People often ask what they can do for Chris and Nate and I would like to suggest that if you ask them they probably will not say much at this time. I think since this week has been so tough they are both suffering from shock. What they really need is for people to bring meals over every evening. They need people to stop by in the evenings after work and pray for them and comfort them (just 30 minutes of your day). They need people to stop by Childrens hospital when they are there and offer to hold the baby for a while. They need people to help clean their little apartment. They need people to help them get out of the house. What they really need is for the body of Christ to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit! If you believe the Holy Spirit is prompting you to minister to Chris and Nate in some way please act upon that! They need comfort and support! I know as the big brother at times it does not feel like you can do anything to fix the problem and believe me we would all like to fix it. However, this is not about fixing this is about being. This is about being here for Chris, Nate and Burke. This is about comforting and praying!

To be honest with you they are both suffering from depression. This time is taxing on their marriage, bodies, emotions...you name it. They are having a hard time sleeping, eating...etc.

I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and for enduring this marathon with us! Please continue to battle in prayer and provide comfort by coming over. Phone calls really are not what they need at this time. They need to be huged, spoken to in person, and cherished(true incarnational ministry)!

If you need directions to the house please call me (503) 961-3273

with all that I am in Christ

Tim

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are certainly in my prayers. I had the pasor of my church pray for you today..our whole church prayed for you and Burke. I also brought your needs to the throne of God at church .( prayer alter). These are the scriptures that were taught on today. That apply to you:
1 Peter 4:12-13,1 Cor.4:16-17,and 1 Cor. 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in POWER. Tim Please read them to you sister and brother. I pray they comfort you and give you hope in Him for the future.
Praying 4U
Anonymous said…
Chris and Nate,

Wish we could be there to help out but just to far away. But always know that you are in our prayers and that God is always there for you both and the baby.
Love to you all,
Michelle
D-Lo said…
There's maybe nothing worse than witnessing a baby not breathing or struggling to breathe; I can't imagine what this must be like for you two. You have our continued prayers that you don't have any surprises with Burke's GI and genetic studies and that problems like apnea begin to abate as he gets closer to 36, 37, 38 weeks and beyond.

Popular posts from this blog

9-26-06 We're Going HOME!

7/6/06 Mommy & Baby Burke

8-20-06 Surviving the Hospital