A Dad with Heart

Baby Burke is a lot like is dad already. When Burke was born my brother David nicknamed him 'Lion-Heart' during a prayer service. The character quality of having a great heart has been evident in both baby Burke and his Father Nate. Through out this time a lot of the focus has been on Chris and the Baby (understandably so). However, behind the scenes is a loving, compassionate, and supportive husband. Nate has been a pillar through this struggle for Burke’s life and a true hero. I have seen him love and care for my sister in ways I never thought possible. He has been positive, optimistic, and his faith is leading their marriage and the quest to see their boy restored to full health. I thank God that he gave my sister such a wonderful husband who has risen above the challenge by waiting upon the Lord (Isa. 40:31).

I talked to grandma today and she said the pneumonia is clearing in baby Burke’s lung and he is experiencing progress at this time. Thanks for your continual prayers!

Love

Nate, Chris, Burke, and Family

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, God glorified many ways...

Steady in prayer. Loving you guys...
Anonymous said…
Nate you do have alot HEART and so does Chris.
Anonymous said…
I would expect nothing less from nate. I knew he would rise to the challenge. He has a great father and role model.
-derek
Anonymous said…
Great Nate! That is true. Nate, thank you for setting such a Godly example for your brother (Nick) who also is a wonderful Husband. When storms hit our life, you both provide an example to follow in faith and in your love and support for eachother. Thank you.
Layci

Popular posts from this blog

9-26-06 We're Going HOME!

7/6/06 Mommy & Baby Burke

8-20-06 Surviving the Hospital